Tai Chi Chuan Martial Power: Advanced Yang Style
by Dr. Yang, Jwing-MingThe study of tai chi power is a direct link to tai chi as a martial art. When you finish learning the tai chi form and begin the second level of your practice, it’s time to focus your efforts on theory and principles of tai chi’s amazing power (jing).
Skill Level: 1 2 3
A must for advanced students.
Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power is the next level in Tai Chi Chuan training. This book is written especially for those who have learned the form, begun Pushing Hands, and now want to develop and refine their Tai Chi skills.
Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power focuses on the martial essence of Tai Chi Chuan, an aspect many other books ignore. This book explores in depth the subject of Jing (internal martial power), general Tai Chi theory, and the application of Chi in the Tai Chi form. Because Jing training is essential to martial Tai Chi, this work is a valuable reference that no serious practitioner should be without.
- A comprehensive training plan for Jing (power) development.
- Understand the difference between true Jing (internal power) and Li (muscular power).
- Learn how to accumulate Chi and Jing in the Tai Chi postures.
- Discover the essential role your mind plays in Tai Chi and Jing practice.
- Includes a special selection of Tai Chi poems (the place the ancient masters hid their theory), translated and with commentary by Dr. Yang.